Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Brakes pedal will not give feedback or build pressure!!!! 97 mustang gt w/abs?

I just changed my fron brakes on my 1997 mustang gt convt. w/abs. I had to unbolt the calipers and such they lost all fluid. I then bled the front brakes, and then the back brakes for good measure. After I completed the last caliper I jumped in the car and pressed the brake pedal to the floor. I then bled the brakes again. I still don't have any "pedal". I did add fluid during the process. Also it will still stop, you just have to put it all the way to the floor. Also I have took four short trips in the vehicle and It seems like the brakes are slowy getting tighter. I am completly confused? any ideas. Oh, one other thing. I removed the brake line from the front drivers side caliper and no fluid came out. But after I "pumped up" the brakes and removed the brake line from the caliper fluid came out. It seemed to me like it just wasn't staying pressurized.

No comments:

Post a Comment